January 5, 2010
Yep, I’m back. I enjoyed my vacation, and now it’s REALLY over. Time to stop fooling around and really get working. No more weeks away, fun trips or quick vacations. I promise.
Time to kick off with a new episode of the Tuesday Shorts.
- I decided it was time to jump factions with that Warrior of mine, so I started a Faction Change. Oddly enough, it didn’t accept my credit card.
- Even more odd, it somehow copied my character and displayed two Night Elf Warriors on the character screen! I didn’t dare to log in, but when I finally did it said I couldn’t log in to characters pending a change.
- I managed to finish the payment though, and now I have Tigue, the Orc Warrior-ess at lvl 41. I can’t wait to get her leveled up.
- The guild has been quiet during the holidays, or peaceful as I like to see it. Activity is picking up again, though, and we’re starting our raiding coalition as well. I’m all refreshed now, so I’m looking forward to what Twenty-Ten will bring us.
- [Lord Marrowgar Must Die!] was the weekly raid last week, so when some DPS was needed in a pug, I decided to take the shot and join up. I knew the fight already, and we did a great job. One wipe, but at the second attempt we got him down. Oh yeah, I love my new Claymore, an automatic win since I was the only melee dps in the group. I’m WAY over the hit cap now, so I should start focusing on getting some gear without that stat on it.
- On a non-WoW related note, I got the New Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii this Christmas, and it kicks ass. I’ve been playing both the singleplayer and multiplayer with my sister, and both are very enjoyable. Fitting both these games into my playing schedule while adding college and work to the mix (which I decided to spend more time on), maintaining an active social life and possibly even getting into the gym for once a week (which I’ve been saying for well over half a year now), only one question inhabits my mind: where are the 48-houred days?
Happy 2010 to you all, and see you in-game!
December 8, 2009
My week is generally filled with all sorts of minor ideas and thought processes. They’re never interesting enough to justify a whole post, but combined they make a nice summary of my week.
- Went for Flame Leviathan with 7 people last week, just for fun. We got him down, of course, after a few tries. Nothing shameful, considering we were undermanned and brought along one or two people who had never done it before. Looking at the loot table of “Levi”, it occurred to me that it’s not a bad choice for farming. If we can’t get a full group going, why not take a handful and do this boss? He’s got a bit of everything, including some nice trinkets and weapons. And those things don’t grow on trees. Or shrubberies.
- I’ve been trying to do VoA25 all week, but without success. Lightbringer Horde isn’t too successful at Wintergrasp, and we failed multiple times at both defending and attacking the past few days. I wanted to get into VoA first to get a shot at T9 legs, before spending my emblems on them. I decided I wasn’t going to wait for a chance at having one specific item dropping (and then me winning the roll), so I gathered the 50 emblems and got the legplates. Now, I can’t get over the fact that they make me look so good. Way better than the T7,5 that inhabited that slot for half a year.
- I noticed I have a fair number of male characters, even though I try to even it out. Heck, my bank character is female (women seem to handle the finances everywhere, don’t they?). I decided to get a female character, and had a bit of fun with the WoW Model Viewer to view my options. I checked the Orcs, since that is my least played race, and I was surprised to see that you can actually make good looking female Orcs now. I never really liked the rugged and beaten warrior look that they had, with haircuts that made you laugh or cringe. I found a model with a smooth face and decent haircut, so that’ll be my next character.
- I’ve decided upon my Night Elf Warrior as my next “project to 80”. I want to move him over to Horde side eventually, but I want to level him on Alliance side. I’ve never done that before, so I want to experience that as well. I can’t say it’s easy, but I’ll get there. He’ll probably be changed into that female Orc when it’s time to switch factions.
- I wish you could change the order of your characters on the character screen. I want Vaad on the top, instead of in third place behind a 37 Warrior and 23 Shaman.
That’s last week in a nutshell. Plenty to talk about later, with Patch 3.3 coming up and all.